Hello fellow pilots! We are excited to announce that our latest release is now available, and it includes some exciting new features and fixes that we think you will love, especially our paragliding friends. Here’s a rundown of everything included in the release:
- Support for iPads and Android Tablets: We recognise that many of our users prefer to use tablets instead of phones, so we’ve added support for iPads and Android Tablets to give you a better experience. Let us know how this works for you and if we need to tweak things a bit.
- Additional Information for GPX/KML Exports: We’ve added more information to GPX/KML exports, so you can get even more detailed data about your flights like your fuel consumption, max altitude, and a few other stats.
- Route Import/Export Functionality (GPX): You can now import and export routes using GPX format, making it easier to plan and share routes with other pilots.
- Info Viewer for Nearby Aircraft: Our new info viewer allows you to see details for aircraft around you, including their altitude. We will now also show the altitude for any aircraft that is going to pass nearby directly on the map, so you can quickly see where you need to look.
- Thermal Assist Viewer: We’ve added a new thermal assist viewer to help you visualise thermals. This is an early version, and we would love to get your feedback on it.
- Fixed Audio Cues: We’ve fixed some issues with audio cues that weren’t behaving correctly with other music apps, so you can enjoy uninterrupted flight recordings.
- Variometer Improvements: We’ve made more improvements to the variometer. It is still a work in progress, and we would love to get your feedback on it, but it should work nicely for most pilots. We’d also like to hear what you think about the ability to change the responsiveness.
- Other Small Bug Fixes and Improvements: We’ve also made some other small bug fixes and improvements to make your experience with Gaggle even better.
We hope you enjoy the new features and fixes in this release. As always, please let us know if you encounter any issues or have any feedback. We wish you many amazing flights in the coming months!